PRIVACY- AND COOKIES POLICY
PRIVACY- AND COOKIES POLICY
TheOTClab B.V., with registered office at Fred. Roeskestraat 115, 1076 EE Amsterdam, The Netherlands (hereafter referred to as “OTC”) is committed to respecting your privacy.
Your personal data are always threatened in accordance with the applicable data protection laws (including the European General Data Protection Regulation - GDPR). This privacy and cookies policy (hereafter referred to as “the Policy”) informs you on how OTC handles the personal data that you provide through this website.
The use of this website is subject to this Policy.
As this Policy can be modified at any moment without prior notice, you are responsible for regularly consulting this Policy.
- COLLECTED PERSONAL DATA
OTC, the data controller, is responsible for the processing of your personal data. OTC may collect and process the following personal data about you:
- the IP address assigned to you during your connection;
- the date and time you access this website;
- the pages consulted;
- the type of browser used;
- the platform and/or operating system installed on your computer;
- information obtained within the context of Google Analytics; and
- the search engine and keywords used to find the website; and
- personal data that you provide through this website. The personal data you submit to OTC may include the date of birth, name, address, e-mail address, phone number and product interests.
- PURPOSES OF PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
OTC, as well as the entities with which the OTC shares your personal data, may use such personal data only for the following purposes:
- providing you with the specific information requested by you through this website;
- making promotional offers regarding OTC’sproducts and their environment, including any third parties with whom OTC collaborates; and
- measuring the number of visitors to the different sections of this website, including for making improvements to this website.
In addition, OTC may use anonymous data to, amongst others, improve this website.
- LEGAL BASIS OF THE PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
OTC uses your personal data on the basis of its legitimate interests of communicating with you, marketing its products and services and improving its offerings.
OTC has balanced your interests, rights, and freedoms against the OTC’s legitimate interests, and is of the opinion that, given the degree of transparency provided and the rights you have in relation to your personal data, it does not materially impact any of your interests, rights, and freedoms by processing your personal data.
- DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
OTC may disclose your personal data to any member of the OTC’s group. In addition, OTC may also disclose your personal data to third parties, only in the following cases:
- In the event, the OTC has entered into a business partnership with retailers, health forums, or promotional partners. These entities may use your personal data to make predictions about your interests and may provide you with promotional materials, advertisements, and other materials.
- if OTC is under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request.
- PERSONAL DATA TRANSFER OUT OF THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA
OTC may share the personal data you provide with third parties that may be outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
If your personal data are transmitted to third parties located outside the EEA, OTC is committed to taking appropriate measures to ensure that your personal data remains protected and secure when it is transferred outside of the EEA, in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
Unless you are otherwise notified, any transfers of your personal data to third parties outside the EEA will be based on an adequacy decision or on the EU standard contractual clauses (a copy of which can be obtained through the contact information included below).
- PROPORTIONALITY AND DATA RETENTION
OTC will only collect and process your personal data where relevant and proportional to the purposes for which they are collected.
OTC determines the retention period of your personal data based on the following retention criteria:
- OTC retains your personal data for so long as is necessary to achieve the purpose for which they were collected (as set out above);
- OTC retains your personal data for so long as is required under any contract or by applicable law.
- YOUR RIGHTS AS A DATA SUBJECT
You have the right (subject to the conditions and exceptions in applicable data protection laws) to:
- ask OTC about the processing of your personal data, including being provided with a copy of your personal data;
- request the correction and/or deletion of your personal data;
- request the restriction of the processing of your personal data, or object to that processing;
- request receipt or transmission to another organization, in a machine-readable form, of the personal data that you have provided to OTC; and
- complain to your local supervisory authority if your data protection rights are violated, or if you have suffered as a result of unlawful processing of your personal data.
To this effect, you can contact OTC by getting in touch with the Legal Department of the OTC by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Legal Department will review and assess your request and communicate with you.
Where you are given the option to share your personal data with us, you can always choose not to do so. If you object to the processing of your personal data, OTC will respect that choice in accordance with its legal obligations. This could mean that OTC is unable to perform the actions necessary to achieve the purposes of processing described in paragraph 3 of the Purposes of Processing of Personal Data section.
OTC is committed to taking all appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data against accidental or unauthorized destruction, accidental loss and modifications, access, and any other unauthorized processing of personal data.
A cookie is a small piece of information saved by a website on your computer. This cookie may be retrieved during a subsequent visit to the same website. The cookie cannot be read by another website than the one that created it. Most cookies are only valid for the duration of a session or visit. None of them contain information that allows you to be contacted by telephone, e-mail, or post. Most browsers are set to automatically accept cookies. However, it is possible to configure your browser to notify you each time a cookie is created or to prevent its registration.
9.2 Types of cookies
OTC may use one or more of the following types of cookies:
- cookies required to operate this website, for example by allowing a visitor to stay connected to his account;
- cookies tracking the use of this website so as to generate statistical reports on the use of this website, without identifying the individual users of this website;
- cookies that are necessary for the proper and efficient functioning of this website, including cookies that allow this website to save your preferences; and
- cookies tracking the behaviour of the users of this website so as to provide such users with specific advertisements or offers or promotions on other websites.
9.3 What to do if you do not want any cookies?
By using this website, you allow OTC by default to store cookies on your computer. If you do not want this website to store cookies on your computer, you have the option to block cookies (e.g. by configuring your browser to refuse all cookies) and/or to eliminate the cookies that have already been placed on your computer.
Be aware, however, that when you deactivate the cookies, a certain number of functionalities may no longer be available on this website.
Should any part of this Policy be declared invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, this will not affect the validity of any remaining portion of this Policy and such remaining portion will remain in full force and effect as if the invalid portion of this Policy had been eliminated.
You can address any request or question to OTC relating to this website and/or this Policy by sending an email to email@example.com
- APPLICABLE LAW
This website, its content, and the Policy are governed by Dutch law and any disputes relating thereto are subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of Amsterdam, The Netherlands.